Looking to adopt a kitty but afraid you or a loved one may have allergic reactions? No worries, there are a variety of breeds that are hypoallergenic. Hypoallergenic is just a fancy word that mean some cats produce fewer allergens compare to others. Many people believe that the kitty dander is what causes all the trouble but actually its a protein found in a cat’s salvia. However, this is no such thing as a 100 percent hypoallergenic cat or dog but the breeds listed below are the closes you will get.
List of Hypoallergenic Breeds
- Devon Rex – sheds very little and blends in purrrfectly with working families.
- Russian Blue– Very playful and can amuse themselves for awhile. Best known for their smiles, compared to the famous Mona Lisa smile.
- Cornish Rex– Very energetic but seeks attention and affection. Loves to bond with people.
- Javanese– Loyal and very intelligent. They are known to understand and socialize with people.
- Sphynx Cat– Actually isn’t hairless but have really fine hair. They’re well-behaved extroverts.
- Balinese– Silky fur that doesn’t shed much. This kitty has an good sense of humor and love to talk.
- Oriental Shorthair– Long and slender, talks less compared to Siamese cats.
- Bengal– not exactly the lap type but loves to hang out with their humans, especially kids because of their energetic and playful nature.
- Color Point Shorthair– is the first cousin to the Siamese, so naturally they’re born extroverts. They are known to give comfort when you’re sad.
- Siberian– Beautiful large cat with lush fur that adores attention.
However, for the sake of your health, consult with your doctor before bring a kitty into your home.